Mainland Company Formation in UAE
All Business licenses will be approved and issued by the Department of Economic Development in Dubai (DED). Once the activity has been chosen, Meta Accounting Services will lay out varied options pertaining to your business, explain elaborately on the pros and cons of each legal form and help you choose the right location to setup your company in UAE, followed by a series of paper works and Government procedures executed by our very efficient and experienced PROs in liaison with the respective Government authorities.
As of June 2021, a local sponsor is no longer needed to get a Dubai mainland license. Instead, foreign investors can now start a mainland business with 100% ownership. According to Dubai Economy, there are more than 1,000 commercial and industrial activities included in the list of 100 percent foreign ownership.
These changes are expected to encourage foreign direct investment flows into the vital economic sectors of the country and will strengthen entrepreneurship also including a 10-year investor visa and citizenship for talented people. The measures are introduced to make the UAE a more investment-friendly destination.
Advantages of mainland company setup
- Freedom to trade across Dubai and in the UAE
- Ability to trade internationally and expand your presence
- No currency restriction
- 100% foreign ownership
- Easy employment visa processing
- Ability to open a corporate bank account easily
Mainland company legal structures
- Sole establishment
- LLC (Limited Liability Company)
- Civil company
- Representative office
Mainland company setup process
- Choosing your business
- Choosing your company structure
- Getting the trade name approved
- Getting an initial license approval
- Getting an external approval (if required)
- Having a license issued
- Opening your company’s bank account
- Getting an establishment card
- Processing your visa
- Labor file (if you want to hire any employee)
Freezone Company Formation in UAE
UAE Free Zones are designed according to different business or industry categories and offer licenses based on specific categories and have been a huge success in the UAE commerce. Dubai’s self-sustainable Free zones have attracted many companies and foreign direct investments, expanding net non-oil export revenues.
An Independent Free Zone Authority (FZA) governs each free zone and is responsible for issuing FTZ operating licenses and assisting companies with establishing their business in the FTZ.
Investors can establish their company in any free zone either as:
- a Free Zone Establishment / FZE (one shareholder)
- Free Zone Company / FZCO (multiple shareholders)
- as a branch of their parent company based within the UAE or abroad.
Such companies can be solely owned by the foreign investors with no involvement of a UAE National or sponsor. Some activities may require prior approvals from the competent authorities depending on the product / activity required by the investor.
Benefits of Establishing a freezone Company
- 100 % Foreign Ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital and profits
- 100% exemption of import and export duties
- Cost effective options
- Staple and clear regulation
- No Personal Income Tax
- State of the art infrastructure